April 28, 2010

Texas govener. shoots, kills 'wily' coyote during jog


Ok this really boils my blood! The general arrogance that is displayed by the west when dealing with nature, it makes you wonder if they have a brain. After all they are the ones who have encroached on the coyotes natural habitat and basically crowded them into a corner.
This isn't a case of a rouge coyote that had lost it's fear for humans rummaging in someones back yard, it was in the wild and and it didn't even attack the governors dog!

"I holler and the coyote stopped. I holler again. By this time I had taken my weapon out and charged it. It is now staring dead at me. Either me or the dog are in imminent danger. I did the appropriate thing and sent it to where coyotes go," he said.

Exactly how was he and the dog in danger? he shot to kill! he could have very easily shot in the air or at its feet to scare it off I'm pretty sure a coyote isn't going to hang around when there are bullets flying in the air! Considering there were no witnesses its as likely that the governor saw the poor animal minding its own business and decided to go for a bit of target practice.

I know its Texas and all, and trigger happy red necks are the norm but hes still a governor, what sort of example is he giving?! Yes coyotes arnt exactly endangered animals there or in short supply but then neither are Labradors or humans, what bothered me was his general disregard for the animal and his lack of remorse.

Besides how would you like it if some fool tromped around you house holding a freshly cooked lobster and then shot you for looking at it?

Ranterz out.

No comments:

Post a Comment